Adlène Guedioura revealed this afternoon he could not sleep after finding out his youngest brother was caught up in the Paris terror attacks.
Nabil Guedioura was in the Stade de France for the France versus Germany friendly international last month when two suicide attacks and a bombing took place at a bar close to the packed stadium in the French capital. At least one of the attackers had a ticket to the game and attempted to enter the 80,000 capacity stadium.
Nabil, a 23-year-old forward who has been on trial at Notts County and Crystal Palace, plays for Red Star FC, a Ligue 2 team based in Paris. He found himself on the pitch at the Stade de France when thousands of spectators were evacuated onto the playing surface following the terror attacks.
— Nabil Guedioura (@NabilG9) November 14, 2015
“I was in Tanzania [with Algeria for the World Cup qualifier],” said Adlène.”It was 1am and I received a text from my mum. I was a bit worried as I saw my brother had sent me a picture of [him at] the Stade de France. I was like, ‘Go home quickly’. I was worried, I couldn’t sleep.”
Nabil allayed fears about his well being by tweeting he was safe
“It was really sad what happened,” said Adlène. “I have friends [in Paris] and I was relieved they were safe.”